Whoops! I Forgot About Dinner!

10:13 AM Chelsea 0 Comments

Well, it happened again. The little ones had me up most of the night, so in my sleep deprived state, I forgot to take out something to defrost for dinner. Oops! I feel like I've been relying too much on the hubs to pick something up on the way home when this happens, but today I felt determined to figure it out on my own. Hence, hawaiian pulled chicken.

Are you ready for this uber complicated recipe?


Take two chicken breasts (I used frozen since I forgot to take them out earlier) and put in crock pot.
Add one can pineapple tidbits, drained.
Pour 1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce on top.
Set on low for 4 1/2 hours.

When done, shred chicken with a fork and stir into sauce.
I served this over brown rice and a side of green beans, but my husband thinks it would be delicious as a sandwich too. He was thoroughly impressed with the sweet and tangy flavors, and I'm pretty sure he has no idea how super easy it was to make. Win!

Do you have any easy go to recipes for days like this?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: