Jackets for Nebraska

1:00 PM Chelsea 0 Comments

I mentioned in an earlier post that my brother is getting married in March. While I'm excited for him, I'm not excited for the trip from Georgia to Nebraska with two babies. Eek!

Among the things about the trip that are stressing me out is the fact that we don't have clothing for that type of weather. I'm going to have to squeeze my larger than life "I'm nursing twins" boobies into a too small jacket as it is, but I can't for the life of me find anything jacket-wise for the kids. Heck, my local stores already have swimsuits out in the baby section. Swimsuits! Someone please remind them that despite the fact that we're in Georgia, it's still February.

In comes the crafty momma mode. I know! I'll make them something warm. Their little bottom halves will be covered up under blankets, but I know their top halves will get cold, so I decided to knit them some quick jackets and matching hats. Luckily I already had the yarn and the buttons. In fact, the yarn for Little Man's sweater has been boxed up and moved with us three times. I think I bought it about 6 years ago! Whoops! At least it's getting used up now.

This pattern was a little confusing in regards to the collar, but once I stopped questioning it and followed it as written, it turned out great.

Here's to having warm little ones on our trip!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: