Knit Sparkle Shrug

11:40 AM Chelsea 0 Comments

Oddly enough, not only do I have boy/girl twins, but I am a twin myself. So much for skipping a generation... Haha, Mother Nature!

My twin brother is getting married to a wonderful woman the first weekend of March. I have to admit that I'm stressing a bit about flying from Georgia to Nebraska with them. I'm sure most parents worry the first time they fly with their kids, but I think I'm especially nervous since they were born two months early. That makes their lungs extra fragile and their immune systems extra vulnerable to infections. Yikes!

Ok momma, deep breaths...

Instead of focusing on the scary parts, I'm trying to focus on the fun part, dressing up the nuggets!! I found an adorable little shirt/vest combo at Walmart online for Lo but still need the perfect dress for Lil. I'm still deciding between a few, but what I do know is that whichever one I pick, she'll need a little shrug or sweater to go over it since it'll be a bit chillier in Nebraska than we're used to.

In comes this adorable shrug idea. I had the yarn but unfortunately took the label off forever ago and have no idea what it's called. Oops! It's a light grey with a silver metallic thread woven throughout. I modified this basic baby cardigan pattern that I know fits the kiddos and voila! I'll be adding some pearl buttons to dress it up just that little bit extra. I'm sure it'll be adorable over whichever dress I choose for her to wear.

Now back to stressing about the actual traveling part...

Any tips for traveling with infants?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: