DIY Nursing Tank

1:00 PM Chelsea 0 Comments

While it hasn't been easy, I take pride in the fact that I'm able to nurse/pump for my twins. They have been exclusively on breast milk since being released from the NICU at 3 weeks old and have been thriving. In fact, at their last doctor's appointment the nurse didn't even believe that they were preemies because they're gaining weight so well.

Any mom who has breastfed in the past will remember the pain in the butt it is to maneuver your clothes every feeding time. Nursing tanks are a fantastic addition to any nursing mom's wardrobe since she can nurse without having to expose her whole stomach. Let's be honest for a second, no one wants to see my twin belly stretch marks, and I sure as heck don't feel like showing them. The only problem is these suckers can be expensive! Even Target sells theirs for $25+! 

I'm already doing a ton of laundry in this house. Between two kids who love to spit up, cloth diapers, a husband who seems to be constantly changing outfits throughout the day, and myself we have quite the pile of dirty clothes. Even if I tried to make due with one or two of these tanks, I'd probably never find them in the mass of laundry at the top of the stairs. 

In comes the little DIY voice in my head and a quick Pinterest search. I bought several camisole tops from Walmart, all at $5.88 each. Then, you simply cut the straps from the back of the top, create a small loop in the front and sew. Trim the remainder of the strap and voila! A new tank that hooks onto your nursing bra! 

Keep in mind you still need a nursing bra to make this work, but now every time I go to feed the kiddos, my whole stomach doesn't have to come out to play too. It helps me to feel a bit more comfortable, so I'd call that a success. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments: